Wednesday, March 12, 2008

old sins



My parish, the most wonderful parish in Virginia is having a mission this week. Tonight is the last night. The priest leading it, is from Connecticut and he's a very fine speaker and confessor. Two nights ago while listening to him talk I remembered an old sin. I'd already confessed it long ago but on this night it suddenly hit me how pathetic it was. I didn't mean to wound the heart of Christ when I committed this particular sin--- far from it. I was able to compartmentalize God in those days and I just wanted to be like all the other "sophisticated" girls.
The people she hangs around with, the books and magazines a girl reads can be deadly.
Thank God for His mercy! A year or so later He arranged for Rocky and I to meet and my life has been amazing ever since. God has been very gentle with me all these years.