Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mass of the Ages




Rocky and I went to confession and the TLM at St. Rita's tonight. It's the feast of St. Jerome, one of my favorite saints and the patron saint of librarians. I've been to the Traditional/Tridentine Latin Mass before but tonight something I've read countless times really sunk in. The priest goes up to the altar of God and pleads our case. Next he comes down from the altar and brings merciful Jesus, our first and greatest Advocate to us. This happens at all masses of course, but somehow you really get it when attending a TLM.

There were several small children there tonight but if I hadn't seen them toddle in before Mass I never would've known that they were there. It was silent, hushed as if the whole world was waiting with baited breath to see the miracle.

Fr. Gee (we haven't come up with a nick name for him yet) will say the Low Mass every Thursday. If you're in Alexandria come on by.