Saturday, October 04, 2014

To the Blessed Sacrament...

ACTS OF ADORATION AND REPARATION TO JESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.




 I adore Thee profoundly, my Jesus, in the Blessed Sacrament; I acknowledge Thee true God and true Man. By this my act of adoration I intend to make Thee reparation for the coldness of so many of Thy people, who pass before Thy churches, nay, before Thy very tabernacle, where hour after hour Thou dost deign to dwell in loving impatience to communicate Thyself to Thy faithful; yet do not even bow the knee before Thee, but, like the Israelites in the wilderness, seem by their indifference to loathe this heavenly manna. I offer Thee Thine own most Precious Blood which Thou didst shed from the wound in Thy Left Foot, in reparation for this hateful coldness, and, entering therein, I say, and will never cease to say:
Blessed and praised every moment
Be the most holy and divine Sacrament.
Pater noster. Ave Maria. Gloria Patri. 



From the Raccolta.